CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

You're so Lucky!

Hey everyone!
It's Thanksgiving! My Econ teacher recently showed us a 30 days episode {info here}where they try to live in Ohio on minimum wage. The guy and his wife both work, and live in a cold and tiny house in a not-so-safe neighborhood, and it really shows the troubles they go through like difficulty buying food, what happens when you get sick, etc.
I really recommend you watch it, I think its only about 45 minutes. It really shows how much trouble people have with living off of minimum wage. And this couple doesn't even have kids! In comparison to them, we (and I'm sure most of my readers) have such an amazing lifestyle to the point that almost everything for us is excess, and not even a necessity. 


You may think "Well what can I do?". You can do anything. Literally. If you aren't very wealthy, then volunteer. If you don't have any time at all-donate! You can donate food, clothes, house appliances, or even money.

For me the most important thing that I have noticed is waste. Especially on holidays where food is an integral part (hint hint: Thanksgiving). Please, please, please don't take more than you can eat! I know its difficult if someone else puts your food on a plate for you, but just ask if you can do it yourself.
And if any food is left over-throw it in a far corner in your backyard for the animals and bugs. Just don't throw it away. I think this is what really hurts me the most. A little bit of me dies inside when I see people throw full plates of food in the trash at school.

I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving, please think of the homeless and hungry when you have your Thanksgiving feast. And remember not to waste!
I'm thankful for all of you guys <3
Bellesme

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I may want to watch, it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting episode! I'll have to check it out.

    Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. It is so important that all of us remember how lucky we are and how some other are not as fortunate as us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I really appreciate every single one! I love getting comments so leave as many as you want! =D