CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Children's Day!

Hey everyone! Tomorrow, April 23rd, is actually children's day! In Turkey, there is a children's day, just like mother's day and father's day. You can read more about it here.
The President and Vice President of Turkey invite the kids to the "white house" in Turkey, and they get to be "president" for half an hour and answer questions like what they would do in Turkey if they were the president. It's like a small party for them with treats and games.
To continue the culture here, we have activities and cake and small performances for the kids here, when I was younger, it was really fun, we would get money sometimes or small toys. Now that I'm older, me (and my friends) don't get all the little kid treats but we get to coordinate the activities, and watch the kids play and perform. I hear that this year there's a funny skit, I can't wait to see it!
So, I'm sure not many of my followers are still "kids" but to the kids at heart..
Love, 
Bellesme

1 comment:

  1. Korea has something like that too but I'm not sure if it's today..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I really appreciate every single one! I love getting comments so leave as many as you want! =D